Hello beautiful HWK friends, I hope you’re all settling into March nicely! It feels so wonderful to see Spring coming to life; the flowers in our garden are getting their glow-on much as we humans do when the sun shines its delicious rays upon our skin.
They’ve most certainty found their groove and it’s made me think about how we, like nature, find our own particular groove throughout the changing seasons.
For me, it can take a little while to get into the swing of a new season. We adapt and learn as we go, we understand more about ourselves with every change we go through and with Spring just around the corner, I thought it might be nice to share some of the things that have helped me to move more in rhythm with nature.
1) Eat seasonal fruits and veggies. I am a firm believer that nature provided to us what we need to maintain good health as the year unfolds. Lots of fresh berries in summer for hydration, root vegetables in Autumn to ground us and leafy greens in winter for extra vitamins and abundant wild flowers in spring. I love searching for wild garlic and Primroses; both can be used to create the most beautiful dishes.
2) Keep house plants. I currently have a beautiful collection of vibrant, green indoor plants that cleanse the air. When it’s too chilly to have the windows open, by dotting a few plants around your home, you will make it look more colourful as well as making the air quality better which is great for getting rid of toxins.
3) Hydrate. When we’re dehydrated, we basically cannot carry-out what’s needed for us to function efficiently. When our cells aren’t getting enough h20, it shows. It shows in our mood, our skin, our energy levels. I know for a fact that when I am drinking enough, I feel better, my skin glows, my brain doesn’t feel fuzzy. Add some fresh lemon and a sprig of lime to your morning water, it really is a beautiful way to start the day.
4) Get outside. Taking a stroll and getting blood pumping is so great for mental health and as the seasons change, we have to adapt. So, make sure that wrap-up adequately, pack some healthy snacks and get your strutt on!
5) Buy yourself some flowers. I think it’s really important to treat ourselves now and again and you don’t need to spend a fortune. A simple bunch of Daffs make a cloudy day sunny!
If there’s something you’d like to do, my advice would be to just go for it. Trust yourself and your decisions and if you feel like a situation is holding you back then don’t be afraid to leave it behind.
You’re a magnificent human being, you deserve to be happy and you’re capable of achieving amazing things.
All my love and encouragement,